Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Seeking a creative Graphic Designer to join our team!
For many, communicating ideas, emotions, and meaning without saying a word is next to impossible. For a graphic designer, the sky's the limit. That's why the person in this role is key to helping Stantec position our brand resourcefully and effectively.
Around here, a graphic designer provides creative services to help build campaigns and proposals based on our brand. By artfully developing and executing design solutions from concept to completion, this person drives value to the marketing and communications team as well as the business as a whole through brand awareness.
Your Duties: Brand Application
Effectively applying the right idea is just as important as coming up with it in the first place. That's why the Graphic Designer uses their skills in visual storytelling to create and execute design solutions, bringing our brand to life. They also:
- Design proposals and business development materials for print and online
- Design for special events, thinking big picture about the visitor's experience
- Act as a photography contact, providing on-site art direction
- Contribute to brand awareness campaigns and integrate them across multiple mediums
- Present and defend creative concepts, sharing the story behind their work
This is where a Graphic Designer really shows their knowledge of design. Using talent built through education and experience paired with a creative eye, they help elevate their profession. Their contributions to the design team help create a tight-knit design discipline at Stantec. In their role, this person:
- Collaborates with the design team, shares in-progress designs
- Thoughtfully incorporates feedback from internal clients and team members
- Works with the marketing team to proactively educate clients on brand guidelines and design best practices
- Conducts ongoing benchmarking to stay on top of industry trends, new technologies, and design software
Creativity is applied everywhere in this role-even in the organization and planning that comes with contributing to a project from brainstorming to finalization. A Graphic Designer is responsible for:
- Managing and completing all work on time, within brand guidelines, and error-free
- Coordinating with the marketing and design team to create and execute design solutions
- Seeking input proactively and searching out content from others; attending meetings to understand needs/scope of a project
- Successfully juggling multiple projects and priorities, marrying short timeframes with high-quality work
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Personal Skills and Leadership Competencies
A Graphic Designer works to develop leadership skills and builds relationships with teammates on a foundation of trust and respect.
When it comes to leadership , this person is:
- A promoter of knowledge-sharing and a strong communicator
- A team player that values group work and advocates for independent effort
- An expert in print design/process with a strong focus on layout
- Proficient in design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Comfortable working in Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The person in this role also requires:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- At least one to three years' experience in a graphic design role in a medium- to large-sized organization or design agency
- Experience in the architecture and engineering industry is an asset
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top