Your Opportunity The Lethbridge office is seeking a GIS Technician. Our office provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of municipal and industrial projects, including land development, water, wastewater, transportation, wind power, buildings, and related civil projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we're equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (GIS/CADD) facilities.
- Primary responsibilities include spatial data management, analysis, reporting and presentation of GIS data and mapping products for a wide range of urban and rural infrastructure projects.
- Working with and manipulating spatial data and imagery for various projects, including maintaining data integrity, quality and completeness (including metadata).
- Provides GIS services in support of CAD activities, including conversion of spatial data between platforms.
- Data Collection, analysis, and quality control.
- Assist with the development of hydraulic/hydrologic computer models for stormwater and sanitary sewer analysis and design.
- Assist with report documentation of GIS analysis including workflow diagrams, GIS procedures, and results and recommendations, working with other GIS professionals and technical and engineering team members.
- Potential to provide technical services including advanced GIS data modeling, 3D analysis, cartography, script writing, web-map publishing and geo-processing in support of specific project tasks.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- GIS specific training such as a diploma in Geomatics Engineering Technology and / or an undergraduate program in Geographic Studies.
- An in-depth understanding of GIS and geomatics concepts, spatial analysis, GIS and related software integration, and spatial modeling.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS suite of software (i.e. ArcGIS).
- Proven ability to develop and implement geo-processing models for analysis, reporting, and modeling activities, batch processing and automated report generation. Data driven pages experience would be an asset.
- Experience with hydrological modeling, land planning, and related mapping considered an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Imagination and enthusiasm in their work and willingness to add value to projects where possible.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top