Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
- Creating maps and performing a wide range of geospatial analyses in support of environmental permitting, environmental field surveys, and construction compliance for a variety of projects, including, but not limited to, high voltage transmission lines, wind and solar energy facilities, thermal generation plants and utility gas transmission and distribution, biological surveys, archaeological surveys, and environmental permitting.
- Adhering to established cartographic standards and Quality Assurance / Quality Control processes.
- Managing a wide variety of project-specific and reference geospatial data in accordance with defined data management standards.
- Occasionally supporting geospatial field data collection efforts. Typical collected features include wetlands, waterways and rare, threatened or endangered species occurrences or habitats.
- Collaborating with existing GIS staff members working in other Stantec offices
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelors' degree in environmental science or related field with demonstrated GIS training or coursework.
- Between 3-5 years of experience providing GIS services in support of environmental permitting projects
- Experience with environmental datasets (i.e. biology, archaeology)
- Experience working with Esri ArcGIS
- Experience working with AutoCAD is a plus
- Familiarity with SDE databases and workflows, ArcGIS Online, Collector for ArcGIS, Survey 1-2-3 for ArcGIS, Trimble Pathfinder Office, and Trimble TerraSync is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to meet project deadlines and understand how assigned tasks relate to project goals.
- Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail oriented environment
- Ability to occasionally travel overnight to support field data collection with a variety of GPS units.
- Exceptional visual, written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail.
- Valid state driver's license.
- A pre-employment drug screen will be required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top