Your Opportunity Stantec is inviting conversations with Geographical Information Systems (GIS) practitioners with at least 5 years of professional experience in the Southeast for an opportunity to join our Louisville or Lexington, Kentucky GIS/IM team.
Our stated purpose: "To make a difference in the world by creating communities. "
Stantec is now a collaboration of 22,000 consultants in 400 community offices worldwide. We share our ideas and experience seamlessly so each community we serve can benefit from the industry's top thinkers and best ideas. We also share ideas and experience so every Stantec consultant can become as knowledgeable as they wish, as quickly as they choose. Connect with Stantec and you can learn more, learn faster, and have a tangible impact both in your own community and on major projects around the world. Your career accelerates. Your perspective broadens. It's forward motion that's stimulating and rewarding. You went to school to make a difference. So did we.
If you live near or willing to relocate to Louisville or Lexington, this is an invitation to explore how we can collaborate.
Your Duties Job duties would include, but are not limited to: creation of spatial data sets; prepare maps, figures, and exhibits; provide spatial data management; utilize geoprocessing and data analysis tools to explore the relationships between spatial data features; develop GIS workflows for business operations; and apply GIS best practices on engineering and environmental projects for internal and external clients. Tasks and responsibilities will be varied and assigned based on knowledge and experience.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Qualified Candidates should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Geographical Information Systems (Preferred), Information Management, Geography, Computer Science, or related program
- Five (5) years of experience working as a GIS practitioner.
- Proficient working knowledge of ESRI software products and tools
- Understanding of cartographic design, GIS map creation, geodatabase design, and feature/attribute editing
- Ability to work in diverse work setting, within team environments, and independently as needed
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and ability to interact with others
- Work outside the typical office environment as needed
- Provide on-site GIS/IM support at client or other Stantec offices as needed
- Work on Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products (Word, Access, Excel)
- Ability to travel overnight or for short durations as needed
- Previous employment experience in water resources or environmental GIS
- Experience in FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map production
- GIS web and application development aptitude and/or experience
- Understanding of Mobile GIS; data collection methods, Trimble GPS, ESRI Collect app, Survey 123, etc.
- Ability to working in a multi office team environment
- Ability to work with a variety of people and professions with tact, courtesy, and professionalism
- Ability to communicate clearly via, phone, instant message, email, and in person, to both internal and external clients
- Ability to adapt to change in deadlines, project scope, and tasks
- Ability to travel for projects and assignments; typical duration a few days to several weeks
- Willing to work non-tradition hours as needed
- Maintain high regard for personal safety
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top