Geotechnical Engineer, Power and Dams, Denver
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec is seeking highly qualified applicants to help manage our successful Power and Dams business operations in the western US. Our existing WP&D operation has a multidisciplinary staff that specializes in the planning, design, and construction of P&D projects including:
- Conventional hydropower
- All types of dams
- Pumped storage hydropower
The position will be located in one of our primary offices in Denver, Colorado. The P&D operation in the Western US is supported by more than 500 P&D staff across the United States and Globally as well with the entire 22,000 staff of Stantec. The Senior Technical Leaders will be responsible for leading technical teams, senior technical review of our existing projects as well as for business development. The individuals will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Senior Technical Leadership
- Work in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
- Lead technical teams, perform technical work, make technical presentations, plan technical portions of projects, develop technical portions of proposals, and provide technical review of work products.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Grow internal and external networks to enhance Stantec reputation and identify additional talent to join our team.
- Mentor and train future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions.
- Promote collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
- Business Development and Marketing
- Stantec's business model is to maintain and grow key relationships with existing and prospective clients across multiple organization lines. This role would promote and enhance the client-focused approach to foster an active and in-depth knowledge of the client organizations, business issues and drivers across the western U.S.
- Work across the multiple business lines within Stantec to develop new business opportunities for existing and prospective clients. This responsibility also includes evaluating opportunities with respect to our core technical expertise, geographic location, and client knowledge and relationships across the western U.S.
- Promote and enhance the Stantec brand through participation in conferences, workshops, presentations, interviews, and other industry-related activities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven experience developing business for hydropower and/or dams sectors.
- Demonstrated successful experience to initiate and maintain relationships with local staff and key staff from other locations within Stantec, and with existing and prospective clients.
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management, including the ability to interface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positive relationships.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, project, and office; strategy development; change management; and corporate stewardship.
- Preferred Specifications:
- Supervisory skills
- Previous consultative work experience in a construction, design, and mine reclamation environment
Education and Experience
6 to 10 years of relevant experience in the hydropower, dams, and/or tunnels. Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in WP&D sector-related engineering discipline or sciences. Degree in civil engineering preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002T0
Back to top