Geotechnical Engineer in Training
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site, and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
As a Geotechnical Engineer in Training you will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Edmonton, Alberta office where many of Stantec's design projects take place, in this role the candidate will have the opportunity to exercise their technical and interpersonal skills while growing in their career.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will work with a team of engineers and technologists/technicians performing general geotechnical responsibilities.
- Assisting senior staff with the completion of geotechnical investigations which will include both field and office-based work.
- Scheduling, scoping, budgeting, and coordinating with subcontractors.
- Developing technical skills by assisting the senior staff with various geotechnical analyses.
- Assisting senior staff with the preparation of technical proposals and reports.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, excel under minimal supervision, and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid Alberta Driver's License; must be willing to provide a driver's abstract for review.
- Registration as an EIT.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university.
- A post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset.
- A (0 to 2) years' experience is required and can consist of co-op terms in geotechnical engineering, experience as an engineer in training in geotechnical engineering, or experience in geotechnical related work (i.e. site investigations, design of deep and shallow foundations, slope stability and on-site review of construction activities, etc.)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900020C
Back to top