Geotechnical Engineer In Training
- Cincinnati, OH
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec's Geotechnical practice has an immediate opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer in Training. As a Geotechnical EIT you will provide comprehensive geotechnical services to Stantec clients from field explorations to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures. You will provide specialized services such as the analysis and design of foundation elements, dam and levee structures, and seismic remediation design.
The role of an entry level geotechnical engineer is to work on projects both small and large, and as a team member under the close guidance and supervision of a senior engineer. You will perform a variety of tasks related to geotechnical engineering in support of transportation, dam, power, and infrastructure projects that may include calculations, field work, coordination of simple tasks, and meeting attendance and recording. The smaller projects that an entry level civil engineer may be assigned to will have relatively few complex features.
In general, an entry level civil engineer will assist more senior engineers/designers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Reviews boring logs and laboratory data
- Conducts basic calculations and performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned and under the supervision of a project engineer.
- May perform field work related to geotechnical explorations and/or construction related activities.
- Assists team in preparing civil designs, drawings, specifications, presentations and reports.
- Assists in supporting the civil team in providing support services during construction that can include submittal reviews, responses to requests for information and contract document clarifications.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- An understanding of geotechnical engineering concepts and analysis methods.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to interpret sketches, engineering drawings, and other similar material.
- Basic experience in Microsoft Office, and familiarity with AutoCAD Civil3D, Geostudio, and gINT.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to travel on an as-needed basis in support of geotechnical investigations, construction, and inspections.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering. Masters preferred.
- Must have taken and successfully passed the FE exam and be an EIT
- Minimum of 0-5 years of experience.
- Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
- Travel/ field work 25-50% of the time
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000O0
Back to top