Geotechnical Engineer in Training
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
As a Geotechnical Engineer in Training (EIT) you will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Calgary, Alberta office where many of Stantec's design projects take place, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to exercise their technical and interpersonal skills while growing in their career. Our team also offers diverse opportunities to work around Alberta, Canada, the US, and globally.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will work with a team of engineers and technologists/technicians performing general geotechnical responsibilities. Duties consist of both field and office work and will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Working with a team of engineers and technologists/technicians performing general geotechnical responsibilities
- Conducting materials testing and inspection services during construction
- Assisting senior staff with the completion of geotechnical investigations which will include both field and office-based work
- Developing technical skills by assisting the senior staff with various geotechnical analyses
- Assisting senior staff with the preparation of technical proposals and reports
Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrates initiative and excels under minimal supervision
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Valid Alberta Driver's Licence and relatively clear driver's abstract
- Registration with APEGA or eligibility to be registered as an EIT
- Available to start in May 2019
Education and Experience
Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university
Post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering is an asset
Co-op terms or previous experience in geotechnical related work such as site investigations, design of deep and shallow foundations, slope stability and on-site review of construction activities is preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Geological Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 1900008B
Back to top