Geotechnical Engineer in Training
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking a junior level engineer or geologist with geotechnical experience. Work will be conducted under the supervision of a project manager. The position is located in our new San Bernardino, California office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Task management for a variety of commercial, industrial, municipal, alternative energy, power, and oil and gas sites
- Scheduling, scoping, reporting, budgeting and staff oversight
- Coordinating with subcontractors
- Field work will be required, including drilling and construction oversight
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Field experience is mandatory, with preference for construction and drilling health and safety oversight experience.
- Must have the availability and willingness to travel on an as-needed basis.
- Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work within a team.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a good driving record and valid Driver's License.
- Prior to employment with Stantec, this position will require the successful passing of a physical exam and drug screen.
Education and Experience
BS in Civil Engineering or Geology is required. EIT or GIT certificate preferred.
Minimum 1-2 years of experience. Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-California-San Bernardino
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 180001D1
Back to top