- Louisville, KY
Geotechnical Engineer - Mid-Level
foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by
starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it.
You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out,
above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small.
From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction
management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock
solid. Join our team today!
Stantec's Geotechnical practice has an immediate opportunity for a mid-level
Geotechnical Engineer. As a recently licensed professional engineer, you will
provide comprehensive geotechnical services to Stantec clients from field
explorations to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical
structures. You will provide specialized services such as the analysis and
design of foundation elements, dam and levee structures, and seismic
The role of
a mid-level geotechnical engineer is to work on projects both small and large,
and as a team member under the close guidance and supervision of a senior
engineer. You will perform a variety of tasks related to geotechnical
engineering in support of transportation, dam, power, and infrastructure
projects that may include calculations, field work, coordination of tasks and
assignments, and client interaction.
In general, a mid-level civil engineer will assist more senior engineers by leading
and/or performing aspects of civil engineering assignments.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts analysesand calculations and performs other duties of a similar nature and level asassigned and under the direction of a Project Technical Lead or Senior Engineer.
- May performfield work related to geotechnical explorations and/or construction relatedactivities.
- Assists ProjectTechnical Leads and Project Managers in preparing designs, drawings,specifications, presentations and reports.
- Manage andlead other team members while working on projects; complete tasks and delegatespecific project tasks to other team members as appropriate.
- Assists in providingsupport services during construction that can include submittal reviews,responses to requests for information and contract document clarifications.
- Assist inthe development of new standards and specifications for the discipline.
- Prepareportions of engineering project proposals, change orders, client contact andcommunication pertaining to specific projects.
- Performother duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
An understanding of
geotechnical engineering concepts and analysis methods.
Ability to participate and
collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical
Ability to interpret
sketches, engineering drawings, and other similar material.
Basic experience in
Microsoft Office, and familiarity with AutoCAD Civil3D, Geostudio, and gINT.
Excellent time management
skills with ability to understand task assignment and schedule, budgeting, and
efficient use of time and resources.
Excellent written and
verbal communication skills.
Ability to check the work
of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget
Willing to travel on an
as-needed basis in support of geotechnical investigations, construction, and
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or
equivalent in Civil Engineering. Masters preferred.
Engineer in at least one jurisdiction with the ability to obtain reciprocity in
others, as needed
Minimum of 4-8 years of
Travel/ field work 25-50%
of the time
Typical office environment
working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field
work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties orresponsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties,responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any timewith or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's
talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003RK
Back to top