- Cincinnati, OH
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec's Geotechnical practice has an immediate opportunity for a mid-level Geotechnical Engineer. As a recently licensed professional engineer, you will provide comprehensive geotechnical services to Stantec clients from field explorations to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures. You will provide specialized services such as the analysis and design of foundation elements, dam and levee structures, and seismic remediation design.
The role of a mid-level geotechnical engineer is to work on projects both small and large, and as a team member under the close guidance and supervision of a senior engineer. You will perform a variety of tasks related to geotechnical engineering in support of transportation, dam, power, and infrastructure projects that may include calculations, field work, coordination of tasks and assignments, and client interaction.
In general, a mid-level civil engineer will assist more senior engineers by leading and/or performing aspects of civil engineering assignments.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts analyses and calculations and performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned and under the direction of a Project Technical Lead or Senior Engineer.
- May perform field work related to geotechnical explorations and/or construction related activities.
- Assists Project Technical Leads and Project Managers in preparing designs, drawings, specifications, presentations and reports.
- Manage and lead other team members while working on projects; complete tasks and delegate specific project tasks to other team members as appropriate.
- Assists in providing support services during construction that can include submittal reviews, responses to requests for information and contract document clarifications.
- Assist in the development of new standards and specifications for the discipline.
- Prepare portions of engineering project proposals, change orders, client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- An understanding of geotechnical engineering concepts and analysis methods.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to interpret sketches, engineering drawings, and other similar material.
- Basic experience in Microsoft Office, and familiarity with AutoCAD Civil3D, Geostudio, and gINT.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to understand task assignment and schedule, budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Willing to travel on an as-needed basis in support of geotechnical investigations, construction, and inspections.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering. Masters preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in at least one jurisdiction with the ability to obtain reciprocity in others, as needed
- Minimum of 4-8 years of experience.
- Travel/ field work 25-50% of the time
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000O3
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top