Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec's Geotechnical Engineering group provides comprehensive geotechnical services to our clients, ranging from field explorations and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures. This is where great people and great ideas truly make a difference. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Stantec is seeking Geotechnical Engineers. These positions offer the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Supporting our Ontario team from our Ottawa office, you will be responsible for developing cost effective, practical geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients. This immediate need requires the incumbent to have strong technical design skills with the communication and organizational skills to manage projects and act as a technical resource for the team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships within the region.
- Identify and lead project opportunities and pursuits.
- Manage geotechnical programs, maintaining quality and implementing improvements.
- Work on a variety of small to large projects spanning from transportation, residential, commercial and industrial developments as well as linear corridors and geohazard work.
- Provide senior technical review of geotechnical reports.
- Mentor, coach and train less experienced professionals as required, encouraging growth and succession within the team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven track record in developing and sustaining client relationships.
- Strong technical skill set. Experience with seismic design, soft-soil engineering, and tunnelling and numerical modelling are considered assets.
- Experience working on MTO projects is also considered beneficial.
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary design teams with experience of collaborating across projects.
- An individual with a good business acumen and strong client management experience.
- A self-starter who is innovative and enjoys working in a team environment.
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university. A post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset.
Professional Engineer in good standing with PEO, or the ability to obtain the professional designation.
Minimum of 15 years' experience in geotechnical consulting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002S9
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top