- Lexington, KY
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today
A Driller will perform solid stem and hollow stem auger drilling techniques, rock coring, mud rotary drilling and other advancement techniques. Move, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical exploration borings. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on construction sites. In addition, the Driller will install monitoring wells, slope inclinometers, vibrating wire piezometers, settlement sensors and other types of instrumentation. Work is outdoors, in all weather conditions and the work is generally physically demanding.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Label sample containers as directed
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs to drill rig
- Delivering field supplies
- Performs Shop / yard duties at direction of management
- Load and unload trucks
- Bag or jar samples for analysis
- Install monitoring well casing and screens
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Move drilling rigs and equipment from site to site, set up in the new site
- Obtain drilling core samples
- Dig and clean mud pits and drains
- Develop well and perform pumping tests
- Operate equipment such as pumps for air, water and mud, and equipment and tools used to correct problems borings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Five or more years of experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate via email
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Class A CDL license required
- Must have a current DOT medical card and will be subject to ongoing and random drug screening
- Must pass company background checks including drug screen
- Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
Education and Experience
High School Diploma with minimum of 5-6 years experience;
Position will extensively in field setting in all weather conditions and the work is generally physically demanding.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001PW
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top