- Ottawa, Canada
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec's Ottawa, Markham, Waterloo, London and Thunder Bay offices have exciting opportunities for an Instrument person/Crew Chief.
We provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. You will operate multiple surveying instruments and data collectors/platforms supporting registered land surveyors and civil engineers on a variety of projects
You will work with general supervision and direction on a variety of average sized projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Surveyor.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Directs and conducts surveys for clients coordinating with the survey field crew.
- Supervises survey field crew, ensures completion dates and budgets are met, and ensures consistent application of firm operating standards and safety practices.
- Performs accurate measurements and calculations in recording the field data using instruments and measuring devices.
- May assist in preparation of survey drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Transfers survey data to the proper files in the computer network and acquires data for field use.
- Drives company or personal vehicle to reach jobsites.
- Ensures surveys are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulationsIdentifies hazardous situations and applies safety procedures and company standards.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Well-developed understanding of field survey methods and calculations.
- Solid understanding of local survey laws, rules, and regulations
- Experience performing field boundary, topographic, land title surveys, and construction staking.
- Strong skills in time management, organization, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to use GPS, data collectors, total stations, robotics, and relevant survey equipment.
- Excellent cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
Position will primarily be field work and may require travel.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Party Chief
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001NN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top