Geologist, Scientist or Engineer
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity Our Indianapolis, IN office is seeking an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic Scientist, Geologist or Environmental Engineer.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform and document field data collection activities (including oversight of subcontractors); and assist in the completion of project level work (data management, report preparation) on environmental remediation/management projects for commercial/industrial clients.
- Conduct multi-media sampling (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil gas, indoor air, etc).
- Oversee advancement of soil and rock borings, installation of groundwater monitoring wells, manage subcontractors and minor soil excavation projects.
- Prepare soil boring log and well construction diagrams.
- Perform operation and maintenance on remediation systems; significant decisions and deliverables reviewed by higher level staff.
- Learn and follow standard operating procedures for work assigned.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze field and technical data.
- Draft technical reports.
- Complete applicable company and client required health & safety training (including OSHA required training) and follow health & safety policies and procedures.
- 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper training.
- The ability to effectively communicate project status to project manager and appropriate staff.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Be an advocate for health, safety, and clients.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol screening.
- Working knowledge of field sampling techniques.
0-3 years of environmental consulting industry experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top