Stantec Consulting Services Inc. seeks a Geological Engineer in Chicago, IL to perform the following duties:
• Perform geotechnical and geological engineering to support investigations, planning, detailed design and engineering services during construction for large civil works with special focus on dams and hydroelectric projects, underground powerhouses, caverns and halls, power and conveyance tunnels, and navigation locks for domestic and international projects.
• Analyze and design geotechnical structures, including dams, locks, tunnels, embankments, slopes, foundations, filters, revetment, and earth-retaining structures.
• Evaluate subsurface conditions and assess engineering parameters.
• Conduct geotechnical analyses, including seismic hazard analyses, seismic site response, liquefaction potential, slope stability, seepage, piping and internal erosion, filter compatibility, bearing capacity and settlement, and dynamic deformation.
• Design temporary and permanent structures, including dams and other water retention structures, cofferdams, seepage cut-offs, ground improvement, soil and rock anchors, shallow and deep foundations, and earth retaining structures.
• Conduct numerical analysis using programs such as ABAQUS, FLAC, Plaxis, Phase2, EZ-Frisk, SHAKE, SEEP/W and SLOPE/W. Develop geotechnical reports and produce construction plans and specifications.
• Provide engineering support and evaluation during bidding and construction.
• Provide office-based and field-based engineering support for major construction projects.
• Define problems, select work methods, make simplifying assumptions, and develop solutions and alternatives.
• Evaluate data, software outputs and analytical results to assess trends and anomalies.
Master's degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or related field.
Must have completed coursework or have work experience with the following: developing and managing geotechnical investigation programs; performing site characterizations and evaluation of geotechnical and geologic hazards; conducting numerical analysis using
ABAQUS, FLAC, Plaxis, Phase2, EZ-Frisk, SHAKE, SEEP/W and SLOPE/W or equivalent programs and applications; analyzing and designing geotechnical structures including dams, locks, tunnels, embankments, slopes, foundations, filters, revetment, and earth-retaining structures; and conducting geotechnical analyses
including seismic hazard analyses, seismic site response, liquefaction potential, slope stability, seepage, piping and internal erosion, filter compatibility, bearing capacity and settlement, and dynamic deformation.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top