- Eagle River, AK
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking an Environmental Geologist to be based in our Anchorage,
Alaska office. As an Environmental Geologist, you will work with close guidance
and supervision on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger
project under the guidance of a senior geologist/engineer. You will participate
in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of various environmental
remediation projects. Your job responsibilities will include borehole logging,
well installation and abandonments, groundwater monitoring/sampling, data
analysis, and reporting. You will provide technical support in the preparation
of site work plans, remedial investigations and feasibility studies, and other
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work in conjunctionwith other geologists and engineers to perform various aspects ofenvironmental projects including application of scientific principles andtechniques to collect and analyze data, assess the nature and extent ofchemical contamination in soil, groundwater, and soil gas, and evaluateremedial technologies to mitigate chemical contamination.
- Prepare, organize,and coordinate production of assigned sections of various deliverablessuch as work plans, site investigation reports, remedial investigations,feasibility studies, and closure reports.
- Conduct fieldinvestigations and related activities as directed by a senior geologist orengineer involving borehole logging, well installation, environmentalmonitoring, data collection (soil, groundwater, and soil gas sampling), siteinspections, health and safety audits, and oversight of subcontractorsduring implementation of field investigations and operation, maintenance,and monitoring of remediation systems.
- Assist in designand implementation of remedial actions for contaminated soil andgroundwater including technology screening, pilot testing, fielddemonstrations, and startup, troubleshooting, and operation andmaintenance activities for remediation systems.
- Assist with basicgeological duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assist with onsiteconstruction observation, contractor coordination, and daily inspectionreports.
- Develop anunderstanding of policies and procedures for Health, Safety, Security, andthe Environment (HSSE), including client-specific training (as required).
- Other duties asassigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to workboth independently and in a project team setting and engage in creativeand critical thought.
- Ability to liaisebetween clients, contractors, and third parties on-site.
- Ability tocommunicate in a professional and positive manner, both in writing and inperson, with clients, employees and visitors.
- A willingness totravel is preferred.
- OSHA 40-hourHAZWOPER training certificate preferred or ability to obtain prior toemployment.
- Proficiency withMicrosoft Office Suite
Education and Experience
Master's (preferred) or Bachelor's degree in Geology.
Minimum of 5 years of environmental geology experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000S7
Back to top