MWH Constructors is currently seeking a General Superintendent for water and wastewater projects in the state of Texas.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company's at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored "start to finish" construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Responsibility for supervision of major work activities including site work, concrete, mechanical and process equipment installation.
• Responsible for the safe conduct of MWHC employees and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Solely represent MWHC on-site for meetings and discussions with clients, local agencies and subcontractors.
• Plan and supervise employees and subcontractors' activities. Includes reviewing method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
• Coordinate assigned work with work of employees and different subcontractors.
• Maintain liaison with engineering and project management to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Monitor employee and subcontractor compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Maintain liaison with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support subcontractors and project schedule.
• Review employee and subcontractors' daily activity plans to assure that requisite personnel, equipment and supplies are in place to assure that the following days work will be conducted in a safe manner with minimal wasted effort.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of all site workers by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Inspect work to ensure quality and project specifications are met.
• Perform additional assignments per project manager's direction.
At least 12 years experience supervising water/waste water construction projects.
• Knowledge of all construction disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
• Cost control, manpower planning and scheduling knowledge
• Knowledge of computer systems and programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Working understanding of CPM scheduling techniques
• Ability to develop and maintain outstanding relations with Owner and subcontractors
• Experience with Project closeout and punchlist management
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top