Slayden Constructors Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, is currently seeking a General Superintendent to join our team at The Riverside Park Water Reclamation Facility NLT Project in Spokane, Washington.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Supervise major work activities including site work, concrete, mechanical and process equipment installation.
• Maintain safe conduct of Slayden employees and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Solely represent Slayden on-site for meetings and discussions with clients, local agencies and subcontractors.
• Plan and supervise employees and subcontractors' activities. Includes reviewing method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
• Coordinate assigned work with work of employees and different subcontractors.
• Maintain liaison with engineering and project management to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Monitor employee and subcontractor compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Maintain liaison with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support subcontractors and project schedule.
• Review employee and subcontractors' daily activity plans to assure that requisite personnel, equipment and supplies are in place to assure that the following days work will be conducted in a safe manner with minimal wasted effort.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of all site workers by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Inspect work to ensure quality and project specifications are met.
• Perform additional assignments per project manager's direction.
Minimum 5 years' experience supervising/managing heavy civil construction projects
• Knowledge of all construction disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
• Cost control, manpower planning and scheduling knowledge
• Knowledge of computer systems and programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Working understanding of CPM scheduling techniques
• Ability to develop and maintain outstanding relations with Owner and subcontractors
• Experience with Project closeout and punch list management
MWH Constructors and Slayden are a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top