Functional Developer (Oracle HCM/HRMS)
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for an Oracle EBS Functional Developer to be part of the evolution and enhancement of our Oracle E-Business Suite modules, with particularly strong skills and application knowledge in the Oracle HRMS, OTL, Payroll and HCM [cloud] module realm, to meet the needs of our business.
As an EBS Functional Developer, you will collaborate with the business analysts and technical development teams to gain a deep understanding of requirements; perform functional analysis & design; and collaboratively involve themselves in producing the functional solution design, configurations and inputs to extensions to meet the requirements following our solution delivery framework.
This role will primarily oversee, configure and design functional solutions as the functional subject matter expert in Oracle HCM/HRMS. The Functional Developer will provide an interactive gateway with end user groups on helping align business processes with Oracle functionality, adopt best practices and keep abreast of Oracle relevant module enhancements, direction and updates.
The successful candidate can be based in any one of our Stantec offices located in Canada.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Recommend Oracle EBS functionality and capabilities to help meet new business requirements, improve existing business processes and/or address application problems.
- Be part of a team responsible for recommending solution designs to the business based on Oracle best practices leveraging out-of-the-box functionality and extensions, where appropriate, to address gaps.
- Develop impact analysis and implement strategies to manage change for large new system implementations or small functionality changes.
- Develop functional design documents in collaboration with developers and other analysts.
- Contribute in the end-to-end delivery of E-Business solutions along with developers, testers, database administrators, and application support analysts.
- Monitor, analyze, and advise on testing of application patches/upgrades.
- Configure application to meet requirements.
- Work closely with developers on extensions and custom applications to translate business requirements into detailed system requirements and design.
- Work closely with quality assurance analysts to develop and execute appropriate test strategies/plans.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and present/discuss technical solutions with the business
- Monitor patch releases from Oracle and provide impact assessment to management.
- Provide post-implementation support and functional abilities to assist the Operations Teams.
- Work collaboratively with the management team to assist them in managing priorities, resources and cross project dependencies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in a systems analyst, software development and/or system implementation role.
- Involvement in one or more major upgrades and/or module implementation projects.
- Creative problem solver with good understanding of Human Resources business processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Functional experience with Oracle EBS R12.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary degree/diploma in business, information systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, including experience configuring and/or developing extensions for Oracle e-Business.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Applications Development
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003BV
Back to top