Full Stack Software Developer - ( 210000DX )
Many of the world's top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community's interaction with water a bit differently-as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we're hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O U
Stantec's Water group has an opportunity for an experienced full stack application developer.
Stantec's Digital Solutions team works closely with project managers and clients to develop solutions that enable our clients to have top tier information access and analytics. This journey includes identifying, defining, and developing those products. Several products and service-oriented solutions have been developed at version 1.0 and more are being defined. Our goal is to transform the water industry with best-in-class digital solutions. These solutions cover the complete project and water lifecycle, from planning to operations, and watershed management to wastewater treatment.
The Digital Solutions team is looking for a full stack developer to complement the existing team in achieving our mission over the long term. The position will include performing both product and project consulting work. Responsibilities will include helping build out current and future digital solutions-working on back end and front-end development as needed. This role requires the implementation of best practices to produce highly reusable code that can apply to multiple clients. An emphasis in producing highly efficient and performant code is a must. Specifics in this role may include creating/extending Web APIs, designing and implementing database architecture, building front end component libraries, helping set up automation testing, and making code extensible to incorporate client specific features and branding. Candidates with experience in data science and/or operational technologies are preferred for this position.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support the Stantec Digital Solutions team in developing top tier digital solutions. This requires some travel to attend meetings with clients.
- Work with remote teams for development and implementation as needed for a variety of digital solutions for analytical dashboards and interfaces. Focus on implementing best practices and developing for reusability.
- Ability to understand storyboards, wireframes, and simple prototypes; and, how to develop them into real solutions.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with other team members to complete project tasks to meet specific deadlines.
- You will be receiving direction from Digital Solution leadership in various locations and technical support from remote locations.
- Candidates must be well organized, self-motivated, enjoy finding solutions to problems.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Can work well in a team environment without direct supervision and ability to productively work from home.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Possess a hard-working and positive attitude.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills, a thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting, and efficient use of time and available resources.
- Experience using source version control with Git.
- Experience with modern interface patterns and libraries including Angular or React.
- Ability to design and implement reusable software components based on requirements, specifications, or prototypes.
- Experience reading and writing to web-based APIs using JSON or XML objects.
- Experience using object-relational mapper frameworks.
- Experience with data analytics or data science is preferred.
- Experience working with operational technologies in an industrial, automation, or water treatment context is preferred. This includes working with data sets such as SCADA, PLCs, and DCS.
- Experience working with location data and maps is preferred.
- Experience using Azure DevOps is preferred.
- Experience working in a consultant role is preferred.
Education and Experience
Minimum 3 years application development experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Fieldwork may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents,
Primary Location : United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Other Locations : United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Job : Applications Development
Organization : BC-1755 Water-US South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 25, 2021, 8:36:55 AM
Req ID: 210000DX
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans