The MWH organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company's at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored "start to finish" construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
We are currently looking to add a Forensic Scheduler to support our Risk Management team. This position will be based in the Broomfield Colorado office and report to the Project Controls Director with a dotted line report to the Risk Management Director. Extensive travel is anticipated for this position, including short term assignments to project sites.
• Researching, gathering, and presenting supporting documentation from project files and other sources. Writing reports and preparing demonstrative exhibits.
• Review schedule, progress and productivity of consultants and contractors, monitor and verify monthly costs and earned value, conduct change order management and control.
• Analyzing subcontractor claims and change orders. Preparing claims for equitable adjustments and change orders to owners.
• Understanding industry-wide claim/scheduling-preparation standards.
• Analyzing delays, evaluating inefficiency, evaluating constructive changes, evaluating allegations of suspension and evaluating CPM Schedules.
• Preparing persuasive oral presentations and written expert reports that explain scheduling issues in laymen's terms.
• Performing cost estimating, damages and cost analysis to determine the validity of claimed costs and reviewing costs for compliance with FAR requirements is a plus.
• Evaluate schedule data regarding cost, resource, network logic and productivity analysis.
• Update, document and implement claims mitigation standards and procedures.
• Participate in the MWHC Scheduling super user group to update, document and implement division schedule standards and procedures.
• Interface and maintain liaison with project management, client, and other consultants on task related activities.
• May attend meetings with design consultants, construction management consultants and contractors to review and approve baseline schedules, and attend regularly scheduled meetings as necessary to stay current on schedules and issues.
• Work with the project team to analyze, assess and implement a claims mitigation/avoidance policy, in support of the division policy.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• A Bachelor of Science or higher university degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Accounting. Equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
• 3+ years of forensics or claims litigation
• Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience in the construction industry
• Working knowledge of construction project scheduling covering development of baseline schedules, incorporating subcontractor schedules, schedule updating and analysis of progress.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and other normal business applications
• Proficient in Primavera scheduling/project management software (P3 and P6).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with customer facing experience.
• Ability to travel to project sites as needed.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top