Financial Services - Project Administrator
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Stantec's Finance Department has an exciting opportunity for a Project Administrator in our Toronto, Markham or Waterloo, ON office. As a proactive business partner with numerous clients, this position is responsible for the overall management of project contracts by ensuring projects are set up, maintained, and invoiced in accordance with the contract requirements and with Stantec's approved policies and practices.
- Completing project set-up form information provided by the Project Manager (or assistant), ensuring all project attributes have been properly input in accordance with contract requirements.
- Reviewing contract agreements for proper fiscal authority execution, special invoicing requirements and ensuring all required information is provided to the client during the invoicing cycle.
- Assisting the Project Manager to establish the appropriate work breakdown structure (WBS) to support client invoicing.
- Regularly updating project budgets, helping Project Managers to manage their billings within budget and determining when Work In Progress (WIP) needs to be transferred or written off.
- Generating invoices based on instructions received from Project Managers and ensuring invoices are accurate and issued to the client in a timely basis
- Closing projects and tasks, as required.
- Ensuring all assigned functions are carried out in compliance with approved policies, practices and procedures.
- Assisting with departmental administrative functions, as required (ordering supplies, filing etc.)
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience with a preference for a degree/diploma in a business program with an accounting concentration
- A/E industry experience considered an asset
- Ability to develop solid business relationships through effective communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong attention to detail and superior organization skills
- Intermediate to advanced Word/Excel and use of Oracle would be considered an asset
- Ability to cope with demanding period end and quarter end deadlines
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 3
Discipline Financial Services
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top