Financial Project Administrator
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Stantec's Finance Department has an exciting opportunity for a Project Administrator in our Santa Barbara, CA office. As a proactive business partner with numerous clients, this position is responsible for the overall management of project contracts by ensuring projects are set up, maintained, and invoiced in accordance with the contract requirements and with Stantec's approved policies and practices.
- Completing project set-up from information provided by the Project Manager (or assistant), ensuring all project attributes and variables have been properly input in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Reviewing contract agreements for the correct signing authority, for any special invoicing requirements and assigning responsibility for completion of all additional information required for invoicing.
- Assisting the Project Manager to establish the appropriate work breakdown structure (WBS) to support client invoicing.
- Perform project invoicing to be compliant with contractual terms and client specific requirements, and ensure they are entered properly into the accounting system.
- Assist Financial and Project Managers with tracking and reconciling unbilled amounts and assessing project revenue adjustments.
- Ensure project close out procedures are completed on a timely basis.
- Assist with analyzing unpaid invoices with the project and financial managers.
- Ensuring all assigned functions are carried out in compliance with approved policies, practices and procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Minimum three years of accounting experience
- A/E industry experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of general contracting practices for financial terms and conditions
- Ability to determine client preferences concerning invoice formats and requirements for any supporting documentation required
- Ability to organize work flow to allow time to pro-actively be looking ahead to what financial events might affect the project if action is not taken
- Able to develop solid working relationships
- Excellent customer satisfaction and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top