Stantec, has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our team in Warrington on a permanent basis.
• Qualified accountant
• Strong Financial and audit experience (no commercially focused applicants please - must be technical accounting focus)
• No requirement to have staff management experience but must be somebody who works well in a team and a good communicator as they will have strong links to the corporate accounting teams in Denver and Edmonton
• Management of overall Financial Consolidation process including intercompany eliminations
• Monthly and quarterly consolidated accounting submissions to corporate according to strict deadlines
• Balance sheet reconciliations and approvals; processing of month end journals including payroll and pension
• Regular liaison with Group to ensure all information requirements are satisfied on a timely basis
• Review and reporting of JV/JA accounting positions
• Management and Review of all trial balances within all appropriate Stantec reporting entities to ensure all accounts are allocated, controlled and understood
• Lead internal and external GL and statutory audits
• Management and preparation of Statutory accounts for all Stantec UK and Stantec Europe entities
• Involvement with system development and integration from E1 to Oracle
• Preparation of monthly TB flux analytical tool for all Europe entities and distribution to entity controllers for completion•
• Ensure your own continuous professional development understanding future legislation changes and associated technical accounting requirements
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department and Stantec UK as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
• Knowledge of UK GAAP / IFRS
• Accounting (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
• Strong project management, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills and abilities
• Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel)
• Possess strong communication skills
• Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
• Strong organisational, leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
• Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
• Dedicated to excellent client service
• Experience in Financial reporting and consolidation in a large organisation.
• Experience working in a large multinational business or accountancy firm.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Accounting, Accounting Finance, Business Support
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec…we're looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top