Field Technician (Contract)
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Your Opportunity We are currently looking for Field Technicians (contract) within the Geotechnical and Materials Engineering department to be based out of our Markham, ON office.
Your Key Responsibilities The successful candidates will demonstrate initiative and will excel under minimal supervision. You will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and skilled in delivering on your commitments. You will work with a team of engineers/scientists and other technologists/technicians performing general geotechnical, materials and environmental responsibilities.
In brief, positions and duties include but are not limited to:
- Travel to sites, collection of samples, obtain field data
- Inspection of drill and test pit investigations
- Conduct a full range of laboratory tests in soils/concrete/asphalt lab
- Concrete field testing
- Compaction monitoring
- Asphalt inspection
- Construction Quality control/Quality assurance
- Inspect contractor activity
- Other general field related duties
- Valid Ontario Driver's License and access to their own personal vehicle.
- Valid insurance policy to transport nuclear compaction testing equipment.
- Moderate lifting and traversing uneven ground will be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top