As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
In this position as Field Scheduler you will be accountable for supporting the Master Scheduler. You will work closely with the Field Cost Controller and Field Quantity Surveyor to provide evidence of analysis and validate the accuracy of Contractors reported schedule and progress for a major pipeline and facilities project. You will work with general guidance and direction to create, revise, update, report on and control the project schedule. You will analyze progress against the baseline schedule and direct the project management team towards the most vulnerable areas of the project plan, under the guidance of a Construction Manager, Master Scheduler and Project Controls Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Facilitates discussions with project stakeholders to identify key elements in schedule set-up, development, and integration.
- Liaises with project management team, master scheduler and client to establish list of approved schedule reports.
- Liaises with Field Project Controls Specialist to ensure alignment of schedule with control budget.
- Prepares and establishes baseline schedule in conjunction with team members as well as other stakeholders.
- In conjunction with cost and project management team establishes and applies rules of credit to establish progress and calculate earned value.
- Assumes responsibility for preparation, quality, accuracy and timeliness of schedule reports.
- Suggests methods to improve project plan and mitigate schedule slippage. Identifies trends, areas of concerns and makes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Clearly communicates to all stakeholders status of project schedule.
- Reviews, assesses and analyzes contractor progress and performance as required.
- Supports risk analysis with project management.
- Produces basis of schedule document.
- Performs other key responsibilities of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to work with others to achieve group results.
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities.
- Business awareness and acumen: knowledge of project deliverables, time and resource availability.
- Ability to make timely decisions.
- Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills.
- 7 years of experience in project scheduling
- Proficient in Oracle Primavera and relevant software programs including Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and TILOS.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 7-8 years of experience.
Field office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Control Planning/Scheduling
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Req ID: 19000170
Back to top