Field Quantity Surveyor
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
In this position as Field Quantity Surveyor, you will be accountable for verification and recording of all quantities completed as per contractor's progress reports for a major pipeline and facilities project. This position will work closely with the project controls team and quality surveillance and is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Measures contractor progress achieved on site to validate contractor progress claims.
- Work with field project controls team to monitor, track and evaluate cost and earned value performance.
- Review and verify total installed quantities through regular review of contractor work for all disciplines including civil, structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and instrumentation.
- Coordinates field inspections and liaises with site leads, field supervisors, and contractors
- Support trend analysis & identifying variances and deviations, then work with the project site team to implement corrective action.
- Collection and assembly of benchmarking data.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Able to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Available to travel and work on construction sites in Alberta and British Columbia for extended periods.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills.
- Experience reading drawings and strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to multitask and shift between many different projects and initiatives with tight deadlines.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business Management, or related field. Project Management Professional certification is an asset. Minimum of 7 years of Pipeline and Facilities construction experience.
Field office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Cost Control
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Req ID: 19000171
Back to top