Field Project Controls Lead
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
In this position as Field Project Controls Lead you will provide evidence of analysis and validate the accuracy of Contractors reported time phased costs and progress for a major pipeline and facilities project. Field Project Controls Lead will need to direct and manage the field Project Controls teams.
Primary job is to review, validate and accept the data/reports the contractors' issue.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Facilitate and ensure Contractors (GCC) weekly cost and hours are reported to the Management team.
- Assist Construction Management and Project Controls Manager in preparing project controls plan, field project controls reporting and any other project controls related work.
- Ensure project controls functions are performed in accordance with client requirements as outlined in the plan.
- Direct and manage Field Cost Controllers to review contractor LEMs for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with client contract.
- Contributes to the process of validating and analyzing the accuracy of contractor reported progress and project cost for contractor's work.
- Monitors trends and actual cost commitment against budgets and ensure the cost trends are reported in the forecast.
- Follow the change request procedure and ensure change orders are promptly issued for approval.
- Escalate any project controls issues or concerns immediately to Project Controls Managers.
- Support the development and implementation of the principles/practices that form the Project Controls Plan.
- Inform project team about risks and barriers that may impact the ability to control budgets.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Possess strong PC acumen to validate and challenge GCCs on progress, productivity and change management.
- Able to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Available to travel and work on construction sites in Alberta and British Columbia for extended periods.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities.
- Business awareness and acumen: knowledge of project deliverables, time, and resource availability.
- Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills.
- Proficient in relevant project controls software programs including Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, Oracle Primavera and TILOS.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business Management, or related field. Project Management Professional certification is an asset. Minimum of 15-20 years of Pipeline and Facilities construction experience.
Field office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Cost Control
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900016K
Back to top