Field Inspector- Water/Wastewater
Your Opportunity water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec is currently seeking a Senior Field Inspector with construction inspection experience to join it's Water/Wastewater Group in Naples, Florida.
Your Duties The successful candidate will be responsible for the following and may perform other duties as assigned:
- Provide observation, inspection and documentation on construction of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects
- Prepare daily and weekly reports as needed
- Coordinate project needs with Stantec design teams, contractors, developers and the general public as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- High School diploma is required; Associate or Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study, from accredited school, is a plus.
- Minimum of 10-years construction inspection experience for major projects including heavy utility components; candidate with local southwest FL municipal water and wastewater construction inspection, and utility construction project experience is preferred.
- Self-starter who takes pride in their work and ownership of the projects assigned.
- Demonstrates the willingness to make adjustments to the work process as necessary to meet client and project needs.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to analyze data and prepare written reports
- Proficient in using a computer; and ability to demonstrate Proficiency using Microsoft Word.
- Can prepare field reports in Microsoft Word for delivery to the client at the end of each work day. Reports shall be complete and require minimal edits before sending to client.
- Has the ability to create simple spreadsheets, for documenting project data, that can be submitted to clients with minimal edits.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Enjoys field work, demonstrates problem-solving abilities along with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is priority one
- Must have the ability to interpret plans and specifications.
- Measure/Track installed quantities.
- Must be physically able to work in the field at various construction sites
- Good driving record is required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top