At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity Stantec, a global leader in engineering, environmental, construction, and technology, has an opening in our Miami, FL office for a full-time Field Inspector.
Your Key Responsibilities The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks associated with the water/wastewater/flood control conveyance and water and wastewater treatment sectors.
- Successfully apply technical engineering planning and design skills to assigned projects.
- Interact professionally with client and project team members.
- Effectively deal with and resolve project tasks and issues.
- Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references.
- Conduct work in a safe manner and follow company work practices.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees following the company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Perform ongoing field inspections; verify completed work complies with applicable work plans, permits, codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate required documentation records such as materials and equipment submittals, status reports, sketches of work already completed, etc.
- Provide in the field support to supervision and craft labor to facilitate the planned and safe execution of construction activities and lead selected activities as required or directed
- Review incoming correspondence and initiate action on it, record minutes of the weekly and monthly project site meeting, process RFI's and produce weekly and monthly construction progress reports.
- Assist with review and analyze contractor claims, prepare change orders, and manage claims and change order records.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have taken or be prepared to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam to become and Engineer in Training (EIT) within one year of employment date, with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in Florida.
- Prior engineering internship experience working in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate the ability to convey project technical information to project managers, clients and peers
- Must demonstrate organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Basic computer knowledge is required including the Microsoft Office Suite
Bachelor's Degree minimum in Civil, Mechanical (process) or Environmental Engineering. - 1-3 years of experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top