Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec, a global leader in engineering, environmental, construction, and technology, has an opening in our Miami, FL office for a full-time Field Inspector. The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks associated with the water/wastewater/flood control conveyance and water and wastewater treatment sectors. The following skills will be considered for this position:
- Successfully apply technical engineering planning and design skills to assigned projects.
- Interact professionally with client and project team members.
- Effectively deal with and resolve project tasks and issues.
- Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references.
- Conduct work in a safe manner and follow company work practices.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees following the company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Perform ongoing field inspections; verify completed work complies with applicable work plans, permits, codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate required documentation records such as materials and equipment submittals, status reports, sketches of work already completed, etc.
- Provide in the field support to supervision and craft labor to facilitate the planned and safe execution of construction activities and lead selected activities as required or directed
- Review incoming correspondence and initiate action on it, record minutes of the weekly and monthly project site meeting, process RFI's and produce weekly and monthly construction progress reports.
- Assist with review and analyze contractor claims, prepare change orders, and manage claims and change order records.
- Bachelor's Degree minimum in Civil, Mechanical (process) or Environmental Engineering.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Must have taken or be prepared to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam to become and Engineer in Training (EIT) within one year of employment date, with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in Florida.
- Prior engineering internship experience working in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate the ability to convey project technical information to project managers, clients and peers
- Must demonstrate organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Basic computer knowledge is required including the Microsoft Office Suite
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 1
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top