Your Opportunity: Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an ongoing challenge. From the Arctic to the Canadian oil sands and the US shale plays, our Oil & Gas team partners with clients to provide engineering, procurement, construction management (EPCM), permitting, survey, and environmental services across the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industry. We design facilities, pipelines, terminals, and refineries, as well as critical infrastructure like processing plants and field facilities. Through our partnerships, industry experience, and use of technology, we develop new and inventive ways to solve emerging issues, meet regulations, and increase productivity. Explore your career options with us.
We are currently seeking two Engineers to join the team in our Anchorage, Alaska office. These positions will be field assignments for approximately 18 months, after which the positions would transition to an office-based assignment.
- Provide mechanical and/or civil engineering field oversight during implementation and coordinate with team members to identify and resolve engineering issues discovered during implementation
- Review Issued for Construction (IFC) design packages for technical gaps and deficiencies
- Provide first-level reviews of contractor submitted project change requests and coordinate approval
- Coordinate engineering issues between departments, including Operations & Maintenance, Operations Control Center, Risk and Integrity Management, Engineering Technical Standards, Engineering Subject Matter Experts, Safety, Environment, Quality, Inspections, Survey, Project Controls, and all implementation contractors and subcontractors
- Provide technical reviews of temporary operating procedures and safe project procedures; Assist team members with constructability reviews, risk assessments, and other analyses pertinent to IFC packages
- Assist with material management on the technical side, including identification of required materials, coordination with material coordinators and buyers, ordering support, and coordination between contractor staff to prevent ordering gaps and overlaps
- Coordination within multi-discipline team to meet deliverables
- Provide close-out documentation and as-built support
- Availability for travel
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical and/or Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years mechanical and/or civil engineering experience in the petrochemical, oil, and gas industry required
- TAPS experience preferred
- Multi-discipline engineering experience preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) designation in the State of Alaska preferred
- Active TWIC credential required for working unescorted at VMT required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) certification for Civil Engineers is preferred
We would like to thank all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top