Field Document Control
- Calgary, Canada
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
This independent contractor role will be to provide intermediate document control field services to our client. A reliable vehicle is required as the sites are located in Alberta and British Columbia. Shift rotation will vary depending on the site.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Compiles and assembles documents, reports, manuals etc.
- Scans, photocopies, prints, logs, distributes, retrieves and files documents.
- Maintains document control systems.
- Files and maintains print and electronic documentation, tracking internal and external distribution.
- Processes and tracks client and vendor documentation.
- Ensures quality procedures are maintained.
- Review for compliance of documentation produced on site.
- Understand requirements for turnover.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple concurrent assignments.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with the following tools would be an asset: ProjectWise, Aconex, FTP sites, Share Point, EDMS
- Ability to reside at site for a period of time.
- Experience working on pipeline and facilities projects is an asset
Education and Experience
High School Diploma with minimum of 5-6 years experience; or Post secondary degree in related field with minimum of 2-3 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Document Control
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000000Z
Back to top