Field Cost Controller
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
In this position as Field Cost Controller you will be accountable for supporting the Field Project Controls Lead. You will provide evidence of analysis and validate the accuracy of Contractors reported time phased costs and progress for a major pipeline and facilities project.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support Field Project Controls Lead to provide Contractors (GCC) weekly cost and hours report to the Management team.
- Ensure project controls functions are performed in accordance with client requirements as outlined in the plan.
- Review contractor LEMs for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with client contract.
- Contributes to the process of validating and analyzing the accuracy of contractor reported progress and project cost for contractor's work.
- Monitors trends and actual cost commitment against budgets and ensure the cost trends are reported in the forecast.
- Follow the change request procedure and ensure change orders are promptly issued for approval.
- Escalate any project controls issues or concerns immediately to Field Project Controls Lead and Project Controls Manager.
- Support the development and implementation of the principles/practices that form the Project Controls Plan.
- Inform project team about risks and barriers that may impact the ability to control budgets.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Able to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Available to travel and work on construction sites in Alberta and British Columbia for extended periods.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities.
- Business awareness and acumen: knowledge of project deliverables, time, and resource availability.
- Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills.
- Proficient in relevant project controls software programs including Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Oracle Primavera.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business Management, or related field. Project Management Professional certification is an asset. Minimum of 7 years of Pipeline and Facilities construction experience.
Field office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Cost Control
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900016L
Back to top