Field Administrator - Contractor
- Delta, Canada
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
Your role will be to provide administrative support at our client's site office in Fraser Valley, British Columbia. This position is for an independent contractor that is incorporated and can provide proof of WCB coverage.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs reception duties; answers phone and routes calls, greets and directs visitors.
- Assists the site Project Management Team in day to day administration activities
- Liaises with other project offices on the project
- Performs clerical tasks including data entry, making travel arrangements, maintaining organizational charts, filing, photocopying, scanning etc.
- Coordinates mail, deliveries, couriers etc.
- Schedules meetings, books meeting rooms, handles any special requests, sets up and cleans up meetings rooms.
- Maintains stock of office supplies and ensures functionality of office equipment.
- Assist with document control activities.
- Takes meeting minutes and distribute to appropriate parties.
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to learn new skills.
- Ability to lift 15-25lbs of office supplies.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5-6 years of related work experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting.
Position location - Fraser Valley, BC
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Administrative Support
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Surrey
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001GD
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top