FEMA Project Specialist
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking individuals in various office locations with experience in FEMA's Risk MAP, TARC or HMTAP programs or other floodplain management and risk reduction initiatives. Responsibilities will include supporting all aspects of FEMA Risk MAP projects such as regulatory and non-regulatory product development, hazard mitigation planning, technical assistance, research and risk communication.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a strong understanding of risk communication, mitigation planning or floodplain management.
- Ideal candidates should have at least 2-years' experience with some or all of the following: riverine modeling, coastal modeling, hazard mitigation technical assistance, research and design expertise, FIRM and FIS development, GIS, hazard mitigation plan development, grant writing or other floodplain related activities.
- Being a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) is a plus.
- Direct project experience with public outreach and communication meetings is also desired.
- Candidate must have a degree in engineering, geography, environmental science or other related field.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 19000254
Back to top