Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and proactive administrative Office Manager to facilitate office operations and lead the support staff within our metro-Phoenix, AZ office. We will be consolidating four current offices and moving to a new facility in Chandler, AZ around year end. This position will be responsible and accountable to the Regional Manager, Office Operations for the office's facility operations and management, as well as assuming a leadership role for the full range of administrative support activities and managing administrative employees.
Your Key Responsibilities
The candidate must be able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, effectively manage through stressful situations, and consistently make effective, high quality decisions; must understand complex relationships, develop open, effective,
and consistent communication with the managing leaders and staff, while motivating and developing direct reports. The candidate will have overall responsibility for the multi-floor office, including the maintenance and operations, workplace safety and contract services.
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with the office leadership and staff.
- Work with internal client groups to assess and resolve their office/facility-related needs. Ensure needs of local client group are being most effectively met.
- Develop and manage a high performing operations team of diverse skilled administrative support staff.
- Implement preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
- Manage third-party vendor contracted services as required, including periodic bidding and insurance updates.
- Proactively manage all facility services in standard processes and procedures.
- Develop and manage facilities operating budgets, proactively track variances, and manage within target.
- Achieve cost savings through maximizing utilization of suppliers, preferred vendors/contractors and identify additional efficiency opportunities.
- Ensure all site management and operations practices comply with Stantec standards.
- Monitor performance per scopes of work and contractual agreements for projects within the facility and for the office.
- Primary contact for building property management - available on call 24/7 as needed.
- Facilitate within a team to coordinate office social activities such as holiday party, community events, etc.
- Minimal travel, as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong leadership, financial management, and team building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Customer service centric approach to working with internal clients; superior client relationship management skills.
- Strong supervisory and people management skills.
- Ability to plan and manage financials within budget and time constraints.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple processes and prioritize tasks.
- Enthusiastic demeanor, collaborative approach, and solutions oriented.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent operations or property management experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of building operations management experience.
- 3-5 years experience managing others.
- Experience with managing multiple vendors and small capital projects.
- Administrative experience in a professional setting.
- Experience with developing and managing budgets preferred.
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM) or other professional licenses or certification a plus.
Back to top