External Reporting Specialist
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Stantec's external reporting team provides services related to external financial reporting and regulatory filings in Canada and the US. The team's expertise ensures the financial reporting is in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and regulatory requirements
Your Duties: Reporting to the Director, External Reporting, the successful candidate's responsibility includes:
- Research and prepare position papers with recommendations on the IFRS impact on accounting issues and new IFRSs;
- Work with senior finance leadership team and other areas of the company to identify business implications of IFRS pronouncements;
- Prepare policies and procedures relevant to new IFRSs;
- Work with areas of the business on any process changes or system changes as needed as a result of IFRS changes; and
- Assist in writing of interim and year-end IFRS financial statement note disclosure requirements;
- Participate in special projects related to financial reporting or regulatory filings that may arise from time to time.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: A professional accounting designation with a minimum of 5 years experience and up to date knowledge of IFRS. The candidate must have excellent communication skills - both written and oral - and demonstrate good research and analytical skills. Candidates must be a self-starter and be able to work independently or with a team that may include all levels of staff and management.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top