Estimator (Anglian Water)
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their Estimating team with an Estimator for our @one alliance (Anglian Water) framework. As Estimator you will be accountable for the provision to the Project Leader and their respective teams of robust estimates & pricing documentation of a project or programme of projects from inception through to start on site. Responsibility to ensure the Project Leader and their respective delivery team have a full understanding of the estimates incorporating the right standard of quality & safety whilst also ensuring maximum efficiencies are taken account of and that full compliance with the Alliance and AW governance procedures has been followed. All to be done working as part of an integrated delivery team providing a robust commercial estimate incorporating actions to achieve & create an environment of out performance.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance is a collaborative organization of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme. We will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion. We design and construct water and water recycling (waste water) treatment centres that serve more than six million people in the East of England whilst maintaining and improving the water mains and the sewerage network in the region.
You will report directly to the Estimating Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Be responsible for the provision of cost estimates up to appropriate Delivery Milestone within the programme area
• Develop the estimating working practices within the programme area
• Ensure stakeholder costs are broken down to an appropriate level at the respective Delivery Milestones with particular attention to plan for stage & delivery milestone ceiling costs
• Provide high level solution costs for risk and value process evaluation
• Ensure documentation for Delivery Milestone submissions is in place on time and quality - this must include any Alliance governance requirements. Flag any significant issues to the IPL especially those requiring escalation
• Compile & submit to IProcT initial 'requisition' procurement schedule to identify forward demand
• Ensure that the challenge of sustainability is recognised within the proposed solution including carbon benefits.
• Ensure timeliness of handover of construction estimating pack at the appropriate Delivery Milestones
• Ensure pricing pack meets appropriate quality and standards
• Liaison with 3rd Parties - including land compensation, enabling teams etc and ensure adequate provision has been made for the respective allowances in the estimate
• Be responsible for the utilisation and implementation of standard products within the estimating package
• Liaise with stakeholders to provide advice and identify risk and opportunities
• Ensure Programme and estimating package are aligned
• Maintain the programme area estimating database and verify against actual cost data
• support Commercial team in cost base submission and verification
• Ensure that the delivery team have a clear understanding of the delivery strategy;
• Solution cost build ups including detailed scheme breakdowns for gang structure, materials and production outputs etc. are provided at pre-start meeting
• Clear understanding of the financial issues of each scheme - risk & opportunities
• Maintain an awareness of new developments on project processes and propose modifications to any area of the project so that the Alliance makes best use of technological developments
• Early Identification of schemes where specialist capability is required and engage \"best for task\" supply chain pre delivery milestone 2 to develop a robust solution cost
Estimator (Anglian Water)
• Significant practical experience with MEICA or Civils.
• Previous experience within a similar role within the Construction industry
• Good technical background
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Able to initiate dialog with wide range of personnel to obtain information and close issues
• Proactive in approach to work
- Previous Candy software experience
- Previous experience in the Water Treatment industry
- Preferably from an Engineering background
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top