Equipment Manager - Slayden
Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, a Northwest based heavy civil construction company, is currently seeking an experienced Equipment Manager at our main office in Stayton, Oregon.
Responsible for planning, coordinating and directing the operations of all equipment for effective maintenance and repair programs, equipment safety programs and equipment utilization on company job sites.
• 5+ years of recent experience in related position
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Strong Construction and heavy equipment knowledge
• Ability to facilitate projects and effectively manage multiple tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and outside vendors
• Strong supervisory skills
• Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access
• Valid Driver's License required
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Slayden Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
• Act as resource to estimating and operations with equipment rates and support needs related to project pursuits and active project site activity
• Act as a resource to project management teams in regards to equipment needs and support for their project(s)
• Scheduling equipment to maximize equipment utilization throughout the company
• Supervise equipment department personnel to include management of workload, assignments and professional development
• Ensure all company owned & rented equipment is insured through current carrier
• Coordinate all training related activity in regards to equipment
• Process and track leases with Finance Manager
• Work with vendors to identify cost savings in new, used or rented equipment
• Written and verbal liaison between the company and regulatory bodies when appropriate ( ex: Monthly PUC reports, Quarterly fuel tax, truck & vehicle licensing
• Work closely with administrative staff & insurance carrier when equipment is damaged.
• Oversee yard/materials
• Dispatch lowboy/flatbed/yard truck
• Monitor utilization of fleet and report to jobsites
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by Vice President of Operations
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top