Your Opportunity: 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties: We are looking for an Environmental Technician, to join our team in Fredericton, NB or Saint John, NB to support our environmental field services such as in stack emissions testing, aquatic, archeological, when needed, however the primary work would be in environmental remediation.
Most of the work will be conducted in the field with some office reporting. The job requires a motivated, organized, technically-oriented individual with an interest in developing a career in the consulting industry. The successful candidate will work with a team of world-class engineers, technical specialists, and scientists, in the delivery of consulting services to clients across Atlantic Canada and beyond.
Typical field tasks may include, but are not be limited to:
- Plan and conduct field investigations in a professional, safe and organized manner;
- Subsurface investigations;
- Monitoring well installation;
- Soil, groundwater, and surface water sampling;
- Site remediation monitoring;
- Air quality sampling and monitoring;
- Hazardous materials assessments and sampling (i.e., asbestos, lead paint, mould);
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments;
- Completion of in-situ permeability testing;
- Complete equipment maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Prepare detailed field notes and technical reports of work carried out;
- Communicate effectively with clients, coworkers, and contractors; and
- Be a team player who is comfortable working on multiple projects with tight deadlines and able to accommodate a changing work schedule to meet client needs
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The ideal candidate would possess the following credentials, and aptitudes:
- Diploma in Environmental Technology
- Be attentive to detail and committed to quality client service;
- Training is provided however a mechanically oriented person is required;
- Comfortable working at heights (including elevated platforms, rooftop locations, training is provided for fall protection awareness, valid training would be considered an asset);
- Have excellent organization skills and be able to prioritize work;
- Desire and ability to work indoors and outdoors year-round as needed; and
- Desire and ability to complete physical labour when needed (equipment set-up at industrial sites, frequent stairs and ladder use).
- Possess above average written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Be well organized with the ability to work independently and handle pressure; and
- Must have valid and clean driver's license (MRV checks will be performed prior to hire).
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top