Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties Stantec is seeking a junior level Environmental Technician to work on a variety of site investigation and remediation projects. Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Assist project managers, staff scientists and senior scientists with the collection of field data for various types of tasks.
- Specific job tasks include:
- Provide Operations and Maintenance support - SVE, Carbon, Catalytic and Thermal Oxidizers, Hi-Vacuum blowers, and downhole extraction pumps.
- Conduct remedial system pilot testing and data collection.
- Soil sampling - Hand Auger, Slide hammer.
- Groundwater Sampling - bladder pump and controllers, Electric Pump, use of flow-through cells, and Vacuum truck.
- Plumbing - PVC, Galvanized, Copper.
- Electrical - trace power, check fuses.
- Construction tasks - well box install, Light equipment operating - Forklift, Back hoe, Bobcat, remedial system installations and construction
- Excavating and trenching.
- Working with chlorinated solvent and petroleum hydrocarbon contaminants.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Should have 3 years of quality experience with environmental media sampling (soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, air) and remediation system operation and maintenance.
- Candidates must have strong verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently and with a team, have knowledge of Microsoft Office, and be willing to travel frequently (>50%).
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, good work ethic, and a passion for high quality workmanship.
- Ability to walk 2-4 miles per day in rough terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification
- Must have a good driving record and valid drivers license
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in other service offerings such as stormwater, natural resources, construction inspection, contractor oversight, etc., is a plus
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top