Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking a junior level Environmental Technician to work on a variety of site investigation and remediation projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Assist project managers, staff scientists and senior scientists with the collection of field data for various types of tasks.
- Specific job tasks include:
- Provide Operations and Maintenance support - Soil Vapor Extraction - Carbon, Catalytic , Thermal Oxidizers; Groundwater Treatment - electrical submersible pumps, hi-vacuum extraction pumps.
- Soil sampling - Hand Auger, Slide hammer.
- Groundwater Sampling - bladder pump and controllers, Electric Pump, low-flow sampling, and Vacuum truck.
- Plumbing - PVC, Galvanized, Copper.
- Electrical - trace power, check fuses.
- Construction tasks - well box install, Light equipment operating - Forklift, Backhoe, Bobcat, remedial system installations and construction.
- Excavating and trenching.
- Working with chlorinated solvent contaminant.
- Oversee soil excavation projects, and coordinate waste sampling.
- Compile and interpret field and laboratory analytical data in written and tabular form.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with project managers, clients, subcontractors, and regulators.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Should have 3 years of quality experience with environmental media sampling (soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, air) and remediation system operation and maintenance.
- Candidates must have strong verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently and with a team, have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time in a 75 mile radius outside of Long Beach, CA.
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, good work ethic, and a passion for high quality workmanship.
- Strong mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Experience in other service offerings such as stormwater, natural resources, construction inspection, contractor oversight, etc., is a plus.
- Ability to walk 2-4 miles per day in rough terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification.
- Must have a good driving record and valid drivers license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec, this position will require the successful passing of a physical and drug screen.
Education and Experience
Should have 3 years of quality experience with environmental media sampling (soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, air) and remediation system operation and maintenance (SVE, groundwater extraction, air sparging, injection).
Position will work in both a field and office setting. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: United States-California-Long Beach
Other Locations: United States-California-Irvine
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002YA
Back to top