Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's St. John's, NL office is seeking a full-time Environmental Technician to join our team. Your Key Responsibilities Typical field tasks may include, but not be limited to;
- Subsurface investigations including test pitting and borehole drilling
- Describing soil and bedrock samples using Standard Classification Systems Monitoring well installation
- Soil, soil vapour, groundwater, sediment, and surface water sampling
- Site remediation monitoring
- Air quality sampling and monitoring
- Hazardous materials assessments and sampling (e.g., asbestos, lead pain, mold)
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments
- Completion of in-situ permeability testing
- Occasional travel outside Newfoundland and Labrador
- Evening and weekend work will be required
- Frequent travel within Newfoundland and Labrador will be required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Possess above average written and oral communication skills
- Have the ability to work well in a team environment
- Be well organized with the ability to work independently and handle complex situations
- Must have valid driver's license. MRV checks will be performed prior to hire. Experience preparing technical reports that summarize methods, results, conclusions, and recommendations would be considered an asset.
Education and Experience Diploma in Environmental Technology
1-3 years related experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top