2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking an Environmental Technician to work on a variety of site investigation and remediation projects. Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Assist project managers, staff scientists and senior scientists with the collection of field data for various types of tasks.
- Specific job tasks include:
- Provide Operations and Maintenance support - SVE, Carbon, Catalytic, Thermal Oxidizers; and groundwater extraction systems with submersible pumps.
- Soil sampling - Hand Auger, Slide hammer.
- Groundwater Purging and Sampling - groundwater extraction and low-flow purging techniques, bailers, bladder pump and controllers, Electric Pump, and Vacuum truck.
- Plumbing - PV, Galvanized steel, Copper.
- Electrical - trace power, check fuses.
- Construction tasks - well box install, Light equipment operating - Forklift, Back hoe, Bobcat, remedial system installations and construction oversight
- Excavating and trenching.
- Working with petroleum hydrocarbon, chlorinated solvent, and metal contaminant.
- Oversee soil excavation projects, and coordinate waste sampling.
- Compile and interpret field and laboratory analytical data in written and tabular form.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with project managers, clients, subcontractors, and regulators.
- Ability to walk 2-4 miles per day in rough terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Should have 3 years of quality experience with environmental media sampling (soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, air) and remediation system operation and maintenance (SVE, groundwater extraction, air sparging, injection).
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification
- Candidates must have strong verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently and with a team, have knowledge of Microsoft Office, and be willing to travel frequently (>50%).
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, good work ethic, and a passion for high quality workmanship.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in other service offerings such as stormwater, natural resources, construction inspection, contractor oversight, etc., is a plus
Job ID 33751
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 3
Discipline Environmental Services
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top