Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. We provide integrated, multidisciplinary services to identify and assess environmental impacts, and to develop solutions to site management, remediation, and mitigation. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrology, habitat and ecosystem restoration, NEPA documentation, permitting, GIS, environmental monitoring, ecological risk assessments, air quality and noise analysis, construction compliance, stormwater permitting and planning, and audit support services . We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career.
An opportunity exists in our Coral Gables, Florida office for an entry level staff scientist/biologist to work on a variety of projects related to our work with the Florida Department of Transportation and other clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
Candidate will work in a team effort to conduct environmental analyses based on office and field research for the preparation of environmental impact assessments and NEPA documents. The candidate will be required to conduct some field surveys and work in an office setting. Candidate must have experience working with ArcGIS to produce supporting graphics and maps. Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing on-site support at client facilities.
- Design Plan Reviews.
- Preparing NEPA documentation.
- Preparing reports summarizing environmental impacts and analyses.
- Benthic surveys.
- Wetland delineations.
- Wildlife surveys.
- Mitigation monitoring.
- GIS analysis.
- Coordinating and communicating effectively with colleagues, clients, sub consultants, and agency personnel.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new systems and skills.
- Self-starter who with the ability to identify daily needs and assist as necessary to complete client assignments.
- Scuba certification by a recognized agency and scientific diving experience to collect scientific data is a must.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal permitting regulations and ArcGIS experience is also desirable.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to work in the field are required.
- A relevant work history is required.
Education and Experience
Candidate must have a B.S. Degree in biological/environmental sciences with a minimum of one (1) year professional experience or a M.S. in biological/environmental science field.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Coral Gables
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900039C
Back to top