Your Opportunity: Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. We provide integrated, multidisciplinary services to identify and assess liabilities and risks, and to develop solutions to site management, remediation, and mitigation. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, water resources management, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, information management, environmental monitoring, in-situ/ex-situ remedial design and implementation, human health and ecological risk assessments, air quality permitting and reporting, pipeline compliance, stormwater permitting and planning, and audit support services . We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career.
Your Duties: Candidate will work in a team effort to conduct field surveys and research for the preparation of biological impact assessments and NEPA documents. Candidate must have experience working with ArcGIS to produce supporting graphics and maps. Responsibilities will also include:
- Wetland delineations
- Wildlife surveys
- Plan reviews
- Benthic surveys
- Mitigation monitoring
- GIS analysis
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree in biological/environmental sciences with a minimum of one (1) year professional experience or a M.S. in biological/environmental science field.
- Scuba certification by a recognized agency and scientific diving experience to collect scientific data is a must.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills are required.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal permitting regulations and ArcGIS experience is also desirable.
- Knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) as it relates to Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) related projects is desirable.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to work in the field are required.
- A relevant work history is required.
- Salary is commensurate with level of experience and qualification.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top