Environmental Services Northeast Federal Business Development Lead
- Bath, ME
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking a senior consultant to serve as a Federal lead in the Northeastern (NE) US. Our ideal candidate will have pre-existing relationships and a proven track record of winning work within the Federal market. The successful candidate will embody Stantec's philosophy that "we are better together" and will demonstrate a keen ability to organize information, communicate clearly, manage expectations, and provide a framework for driving top line growth. This individual will establish the strategic direction for Stantec's Federal environmental services program in the NE, in collaboration with other members of the environmental services leadership team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Sustain & grow Federal Global/National & Regional clients & Key Accounts in United States, with a focus on environmental services and Water Resources in the NE.
- Identify and capture Federal Environmental Services & Water Resource related opportunities while leveraging Global Stantec relationships with existing Federal clients and teaming partners. Particularly small and disadvantaged business teaming partnerships.
- Drive top line opportunities for the entire range of Stantec services and champion an integrated services approach
- Partner with appropriate Sector Leaders and Regional Leaders; assist regional leaders in the annual budget process and annual employee performance review and compensation process
- Build, grow and develop a team of high performers; recruit & retain specialist staff within the environmental practice
- Develop in-house Sector expertise, best practices, and research & development initiatives
- Contribute to the Environmental Services Sector Marketing &Business Development Plan, with inputs from other members of the Federal / Environmental and Water teams.
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the market and client base
- Assist in the growth of ES by establishing new service areas
- Anticipate medium and long term client needs and industry dynamics
- Innovate and enhance our capabilities, geographic footprint and integrated approach
- Lead marketing and business development activities within the Federal Sector, NE Region
- Work closely with account managers, regional leaders, and technical service leadership to deliver safe, profitable, and sustainable projects and services for our clients
- Collaborate and mentor account managers in growing global & national Federal accounts
- Support the development of multi-disciplinary project execution teams
Your Capabilities and Credentials
This leader will be a high integrity executive with a commitment to delivering on promises. They will be a clear thinker with a strategic and tactical mindset who possesses in-depth experience in the Federal marketplace.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a key contributor to a global leadership team, including the following qualifications:
- Ability to create innovative and effective client solutions that are aligned with both sector and global business objectives
- Proven experience in building rapport and trust with key clients, business leaders, and team members
- Proven teambuilding and influencing skills
- Known to be proactive in his/her ability to be a market leader
- Known for sustaining long-term client relationships
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time as required
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in environmental science or engineering is required. We prefer that candidates also have a graduate degree in a technical, business or marketing field.
- 10 years of experience in the Federal sector, including expertise in consulting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Business Development Professional
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Topsham
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Mount Laurel, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Virginia-Williamsburg, United States-New York-Rochester, United States-New York-New York, United States-Massachusetts-Quincy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002JZ
Back to top