Environmental Service Technician
- West Chester, PA
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
You will perform environmental field sampling and remediation system operation and maintenance at industrial job sites located primarily in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. Tools and work truck will be provided.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work under the supervision of a technical project manager to complete tasks associated with environmental remediation and/or monitoring as directed.
- Collect samples of environmental media such as air, water, and soil for submission to independent laboratories for analysis.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot environmental remediation systems that may include pumping, vacuum extraction, air sparging, plumbing and electrical components.
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, good work ethic, and a passion for high quality workmanship.
- Overnight, overtime, weekend work, and travel may be required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Computer skills should include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good mechanical skills and an interest in maintaining remediation system equipment.
- Willingness to learn new skills while conducting field work.
- Excellent note-taking skills and attention to detail.
- Work well in a team atmosphere and work independently as required.
- Working understanding of policies and procedures for Health & Safety, including client-specific training (as needed and provided by Stantec).
- Time spent in the job-site environment will involve standing for long periods of time, walking on uneven surfaces, exposure to inclement weather and may require the use of a respirator.
- Must be able to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs on a repeated basis.
- Must be able to safely climb a ladder on a repeated basis.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record are required.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC card), or the ability to procure a TWIC card, is required.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful passing of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 0-3 years of related experience.
- Experience working on equipment and machinery (pumps, electrical systems, oil water separators, plumbing, etc.) and experience using basic hand and power tools. Training will be provided to adapt general machinery or automotive skills to working on environmental remediation equipment.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is a plus, but not required.
- Experience/knowledge of hazardous materials and emergency response are desirable.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000RK
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top